So I was tagged a while back by two wonderful bloggers - Stephanie of Julu Jewelry and RicAdeMus - for the 10 honest things about you tag!
I love tags because they actually give me something to post about. So let's begin! In no particular order...
1. I love to eat. A lot. And I can eat, a lot. One time, I was one slice shy of finishing a medium Pizza Hut Pizza...and the only reason why I stopped eating was because my boyfriend had just finished one slice less than me and told me how absolutely stuffed he was and how he couldn't possibly eat anymore. That made me feel bad and I didn't want to look like I could eat more than him so I stopped. But truthfully, I probably could have finished that pizza and kept on going if I wanted to. People also like to bring my to all-you-can-eat's for that reason. I finish anything they can't.
2. I am a horrible conversationalist. I am really bad with thinking of topics to talk about, be it with strangers or even with close friends. That is why I either like to talk to very talkative people, or people who don't like to talk at all. The former because they do all the talking and all I have to do is sit back and listen, and the latter because then they wouldn't mind the awkward silence that's bound to arise.
3. I am very bad with geography. Like...really bad. Like...not knowing if London is a city or country kind of bad (don't worry, I think I've figured it out after my boyfriend made fun of me for it time and time again). If you ask me what continent a particular country is in (outside of North America) I will not be able to tell you. I probably wouldn't be able to name all the continents for that matter. Like I said. BAD.
4. I love the smell of wood and fresh ground coffee beans, and i don't mean like..in the wilderness with mother nature kind of wood, i mean..processed, cut, and made into furniture kind of wood. i LOVE when i walk into home depot (especially) because it just blasts you in the face with the smell of wood. it makes me so sad when my nose becomes immune to it and i can't smell it anymore =( oh and i hate coffee, but the smell of the powder you use to make it smells amazing..
5. I can understand 5 languages, but can only speak 1. So if anyone ever speaks any of those 5 languages to me, I'll always respond in English. I hate speaking to Asian parents for that reason. They speak in Cantonese or Mandarin and they automatically expect you to know how to speak it too, and when I respond in English, I can totally feel them looking down on me. On the same note, I took Mandarin in school for 13 years and can no longer read, write, or barely speak it. What a waste.
6. I like when garbage cans in my house are empty. It makes me feel nice inside. The feeling I get when I throw something into an empty garbage can, and when I throw something into a full garbage can is COMPLETELY different. That is why the garbage has to be thrown out at least once a day.
7. I am super stubborn and hate when I'm wrong, and to avoid being wrong, I would make up the most ludicrous excuses ever. Like if you told me that in a vacuum, a feather and a rock would fall at the exact same rate, and I said YOU'RE CRAZY THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE YOU'RE WRONG...and then we experimented and found out you were right, I would probably respond by saying..."You said that they'd fall at the same rate, not together! At the same time! Like..you didn't say they would both reach the ground at once! And you never said inside a vacuum! I totally know that that's what happens inside a vacuum!" while you're thinking "I totally said inside a vacuum...what is she talking about..crazy woman." I think everyone hates being wrong though.
8. I have a sister 1.5 years younger than me, and another sister 18 years younger than me. Yup. Huge age gap. & the youngest one is at the stage where she's screaming all the time...the terrible two's I think they call it? But she was pretty terrible all along. It's amazing..it's like she never gets tired! She could be running up and down and all around screaming this way and that ALL DAY and still have energy to keep going! What is up with that! It makes studying very very difficult...
9. I've been to the bar/club only once. I don't enjoy them at all. First of all, I don't drink. Why do people drink anyway? It doesn't taste good and it makes you feel all dizzy and stuff afterwards! I much prefer my apple juice thank you very much. And second of all, those places are always so crowded and everyone is pushing up against each other shoving and whatnot while it's all dark so someone stepping on your foot is inevitable...and I'm slightly claustrophobic so that doesn't help either. OH and I hate dancing too. My body has zero rhythm so every time I try to "bust a move" I make a fool of myself. So embarrassing.
10. I love boardgames. Luckily my circle of friends share my disgust for bars/clubs and instead we spend our weekly get-togethers playing boardgames. My all-time favorite (at the moment) is Settlers. It's SO MUCH FUN! Honestly if you haven't tried it yet YOU MUST! Best board game ever!! I've only tried the original Settlers and Seafarers so far though...Cities and Knights is next on my list. Monopoly is pretty fun also.
Anyway, that's my 10! Sorry for going into so much detail, but now you know a little more about me =)
oOo I just thought of another one! 11. I love dinosaurs. If I were to pick an occupation solely based on what I find interest in, it would be paleontology. But don't let me fool you - I know nothing about dinosaurs. I can barely name one for you right now if you were to ask. I just think the idea of them existing is super duper cool. Just imagine...many many years ago..these big creatures were roaming around where you're sitting right now! And then they just disappeared! SOO cool! No? Is it just me..?
And now..I tag everyone who wants to do it to do it =) It's a super fun tag to do so I highly recommend you get on it!
This week I have to write another 3 essays (just like last time for the exact same class) as my take-home final so let's hope that goes well!
Until next time guys =) Thanks for reading!