Oh my gosh...this feels weird...
It's been 2+ weeks since I've last posted. Actually...it's been 2+ weeks since I've even touched blogger. I haven't read any blogs, I haven't commented on any blogs, I haven't read any of my comments, I haven't checked my e-mail to see if I received any comments, and I have definitely not written any new posts.
I haven't checked my own blog for a few reasons...
1) I felt guilty for not posting after saying I was going to post once a week on my February Piece of Me
2) I was afraid of reading any comments from people yelling at me for not posting
3) Actually, to be honest, I was afraid I hadn't received any comments at all.
But today! I decided to be brave and finally look, and low and behold, there were actually some of you who checked up on me. I can't tell you how great of a feeling/relief it was!
Seriously, thanks to all of you who even bother to read my blog & take the time to comment. I never thought I'd reach 5 followers, let alone 20! But I especially especially thank RicAdeMus, Shop N' Chomp, & Stephanie. Seriously some of the nicest people I've ever encountered. Seriously. (I used seriously 3 times in 4.5 sentences. My writing has seriously deteriorated!)
Anyway...what's the point of this post? Nothing really.
How do I explain my lack of posting? I want to say I've been busy...and to some extent I have been, but a lot of it is due to lack of motivation/laziness. Blogging is hard! I admire those of you who manage to update on a regular basis! But my problem is...I have nothing to talk about. I have no hobbies or opinions or interests, which is why I took up blogging - to find something I'd be interested in, or to make a hobby out of it. But it's hard when I have nowhere to start..then life becomes a constant cycle of looking out for blogging opportunities, and that gets tiresome real fast. Constantly trying to think of something to say turned into a chore which became something I wanted to avoid which led me to where I am now.
SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
I don't know really. I don't know if I want to keep blogging. I truly enjoy reading everyone's blogs, and I think that that's going to be where my priority is at now.
This was such a random post..oh gosh.
BUT SINCE I HAVEN'T BLOGGED FOR SO LONG, I'll give you guys a little update on what's happened!
- Chinese New Year consisted of lots of eating. LOTS of eating. Eating in restaurants, eating in people's homes, large feasts at home, etc etc. I went to my mom's temple to do the whole incense burning thing. It's supposed to be good luck, and I actually believe it! Last year I didn't go to burn the incence, and I swear I had pretty bad luck. I blame my laptop getting stolen at school on the day of my Midterm to that! So after my laptop was stolen, I immediately went to the temple to burn the incence. Chinese New Year also consisted of lion dances and drum performances.
- Valentine's Day was a flop. It's never good. EVER. My boyfriend forgot it last year which made me quite angry, and this year we got into a pretty huge argument that wasn't resolved until late that night. We don't do big holidays very well.
- I went to Bikram Yoga. Bikram Yoga is basically yoga in a SUPER HOT room (40C/105F). I bought an unlimited one week pass and only went twice. YUP. It was horrible! Excruciating! One of the worst experiences of my life! First of all it stinks of horrible BO as soon as you walk in, then everyone drops their sweat on you, and then you get all dizzy and nauseous because it's so hot, then you can't hold your balance because you're so dizzy, and that just defeats the whole purpose of yoga! They say it's good to feel dizzy and nauseous because that means all your toxins are being sweated out, but I personally did not like the feeling and much prefer normal yoga instead. I was pretty ashamed though because there was a 10 year old girl doing much better than I was. I ended up lying on the floor for half the class the second time around because every time I tried to get up, my body simply collapsed back down. Not. Fun.
- OLYMPICS!! I didn't think I would be interested in the Olympics in Vancouver...but national pride soon kicked in when Canada's medal count started to grow. It was so intense watching everyone, from hockey to skating to curling. I was kind of disappointed in the opening ceremonies though. The biggest moment of the Olympics for me though, as I'm sure it is for many others, was the Gold Medal hockey game between Canada and the US. I'm not a hockey-watcher, but HOLY SMOKES that was one of the most intense games I've ever seen in my life! I nearly had a heart attack when the US scored at 20-some seconds left. SO GOOD. & I loved the mascots too! Quatchi is love. I found myself hoarding Olympic memorabilia but by the time I became interested, it was already hard to find certain items. ANYWAY...I have to say I really enjoyed the Olympics, much more than I thought I would, and I can honestly say that I feel a lot prouder to be Canadian than before. OH BY THE WAY, for those of you who watched the closing ceremonies...we are totally not all about beavers and moose and the RCMP and saying sorry and saying eh...I don't know why we were reinforcing the misconception people have of Canadians. Oh well.
I feel really bad for the Luger who died right before the Olympics though. It's so heartbreaking! He was so so close..
So...yeah..that was my last two+ weeks. Really random post, I know, but this might be the last one for a while...
So I hope everyone is well, and I'll try to keep up with your blogs as best I can!
Until next time =)